Monarch Airlines has extended its cancellation of Sharm el-Sheikh flights to October 30.
Previously the carrier had been reviewing and cancelling flights on a month-by-month basis.
EasyJet cancelled all flights to Sharm el-Sheikh from Gatwick, Luton and Manchester for this summer and is expected to resume services from the start of the winter season in October, assuming the government’s travel advice changes.
BA flights to the resort have also been cancelled until June 30 and the airline has no plans to resume services until September.
Monarch customers affected by these cancellations can get a full refund or re-book to other destinations free of charge within certain dates.
They can also receive a full credit for their flight, plus an additional 10% to be used within 12 months, or re-book on any future Sharm el-Sheikh flight free of charge, from November 1 to December 19.
Outside of the dates stipulated change fees will be waived but the difference in fare applies.
Monarch requests customers select an option by April 8 and they are advised to contact their tour operator or travel agent.
The carrier has added extra flights to the Canary Islands, the Algarve, Palma de Mallorca and Malaga.
“The safety and security of our passengers will always remain our number one priority,” said Monarch on its website.
“While this ongoing situation is beyond our control, Monarch would like to apologise to all affected customers for the inconvenience that it has caused.”
Should the FCO travel advice change prior to October 30, Monarch said it will reassess the situation and decide when to restart services to Sharm el-Sheikh.
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.