Carnival Cruise Line has cancelled February 2021 cruise operations from Miami, Port Canaveral and Galveston.
The cruise giant has also pushed back the inaugural sailing of new ship Mardi Gras – from Port Canaveral – until April 24, 2021.
Carnival had already suspended sailings from Baltimore, Charleston, Jacksonville, Long Beach, Mobile, New Orleans and San Diego to February 28 – and all US embarkations up to the end of January. It had hoped to focus its initial return on Miami, Port Canaveral and Galveston.
“We apologise to our guests but we must continue to take a thoughtful, deliberate and measured approach as we map out our return to operations in 2021,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “Our commitment to the health and safety of our guests, crew and the communities we visit is at the forefront of our decisions and operations.”
Carnival said it would inform guests and travel agents of the changes.
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.