**Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this competition has been postponed to a later date. All existing entries to the competition will still be counted when the competition re-opens at a later date**
Ajman is a new and exciting destination in the Middle East with so much to offer your customers. The emirate is located just 30 minutes from Dubai airport and is full of cultural attractions, nature and wildlife, a variety of activities and sports, and much more. The range of accommodation on offer, as well as its small size and great value for money, makes it an enticing new destination.
Ajman is bursting with natural beauty. From its beaches to its mangroves, there are many places to explore nature and wildlife.
Al Zorah nature reserve is a great place to start. Home to an unspoilt environment and about 60 species of bird, the nature reserve showcases Ajman’s natural beauty at its finest. It’s also where you can find the famous resident flamingos. The best way to really experience the nature reserve, is by taking to the water in a canoe or kayak. Your customers can also embark on a guide-led tour of the nature reserve, and there’s even the chance to do it at night where visitors can see the mangroves sparkle under the moonlight.
Ajman’s beauty stretches all the way up to the coastline. The emirate boasts natural beaches, with soft white sand and bright blue waters. Many hotels also have their own private beaches where your customers can relax and take in the magnificent views of the Arabian Gulf.
There are a number of fascinating historical sites to explore too, which showcase Ajman’s culture at its finest including the Ajman Museum, which is housed in an 18th century fort, is a good place to start and contains artefacts dating back to 3,000BC. It also exhibits weaponry and manuscripts and has an area dedicated to the pearl industry that used to flourish across the UAE.
Just across the street from the museum, is the emirate’s renowned Souq Saleh, where visitors can wander through the shops and pick up some souvenirs. Those seeking a more authentic experience, should head to the souqs in the evening when they really come alive, and experience how the locals shop!
How to enter
You could win one of five places on a fam trip to Ajman in September, in partnership with Travel 2 and Emirates.
Each qualifying booking you make with Travel 2 & Emirates until June 30 will be automatically entered into a prize draw.
One booking = one entry, so make as many as you can!
Terms and conditions
Ajman from £489p
Based on 3 nights at the 5* Fairmont Ajman, bed & breakfast departing Gatwick based on 2 people sharing
Eligibility to enter / opening and closing dates
1. This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) and Republic of Ireland only.
2. Employees of The Promoter, their families, agencies, or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
3. Entrants must be aged 21 or over.
4. Promotion opens on 20th February 2020 at 09:00 and runs until 23:59 on 30th June 2020. Any booking received after the closing date will not be valid.
5. Each qualifying booking will count as one entry.
6. No purchase is necessary to enter this promotion.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winners provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if it is determined that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize.
How to enter
8. To enter this promotion, every booking to Ajman made during the qualifying period with Travel 2 and flying on Emirates counts as one entry. For the months of 20th Feb to end March; April, May and June, one person will be selected and be offered a place on the fam trip. A 5th ‘wild card’ place will be selected from all bookings made 20th February 2020 to 30th June 2020.
9. By entering this promotion, entrants will be deemed to have accepted, and will be bound by, these terms and conditions.
10. The prize is a place on an educational trip (fam trip) to Ajman. Including:
– Return (economy) flights from London to Dubai with Emirates (departing in the evening of 20th September; returning to Heathrow on the evening of 24thth September)
– 3 nights’ accommodation at selected 5* hotels
– All meals, and drinks with meals
– A full itinerary of activities and site inspections
11. Winners must have a valid passport and entry visa if required and all necessary travel insurance in place.
12. All travel costs to and from Heathrow are the responsibility of the individual
13. All additional expenses during the trip to be paid by the individual e.g. additional food & drinks, taxis, gifts, excess baggage, fines, mobile data charges, room service etc.
14. The prize cannot be transferred, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash.
15. All confirmed winners agree to familiarise themselves with UAE culture, and hence agree to be respectful of that culture, especially when it comes to dress code and general behaviour.
16. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no liability for any damage, loss or injury suffered due to entering this promotion or taking up a Prize.
17. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted entries or those which are otherwise not in accordance with these terms and conditions will not be valid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failure to receive an entry where such failure is due to circumstances outside the Promoter’s control.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and winners and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
19. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
· Improve our products and services.
· Contact you (as long as you’ve given consent)
21. The Promoter and its agents will only use personal information supplied by entrants to this promotion for the purposes of administering this promotion, unless consent is received to use such information for any other purpose.
22. The full name of the Winners and counties will be made available on request to those writing to Scott Marketing at 1 Christina Cottage, Ardingly Road, Cuckfield, West Sussex, RH17 5HF
23. The Promoter’s decision is binding in all matters relating to this promotion.
24. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. The local courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any and all disputes arising out of, relating to or concerning these Terms.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to change these terms and conditions.
26. If any event/prize is amended/cancelled out of our own control, The Promoter holds the right to amend/cancel the competition.
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.