A new Tui Sensatori resort due to open in Rhodes this month has been delayed until June 20.
The company said there had been “unexpected challenges” with the building of the Resort Atlantica and has apologised to customers.
The latest Tui resort is due to have 330 rooms, five swimming pools including one for adults, one for children and one for activities and seven restaurants.
A spokeswoman for the company said: “We’re sorry to confirm the opening of the Tui Sensatori Resort Atlantica Rhodes has been delayed until June 20.
“We have been advised that there have been further unexpected challenges impacting building work at the hotel. Unfortunately due to working restrictions enforced by the local government in Rhodes, there have been a number of days in which our hotel partner has had to stop all construction on the site, resulting in an overall impact on the programme of work at the hotel.
“We are working with our hotel partner Atlantica to ensure all of the facilities are completed to the high Sensatori Resort standards which we and our customers expect. We will directly contact all customers affected to discuss alternative options and we would like to apologise to all customers for the inconvenience this may cause.”
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.