Thomas Cook has announced a further 11 own-brand hotels it will add to its portfolio.
Four upscale properties under Cook’s SENTIDO brand, three more of its adult-only Sunprime hotels, a family-friendly SunConnect and three more of its Smartline hotels, which have an all-round offering, are planned.
Including those previously announced, Thomas Cook will open 20 new own-brand hotels between now and Winter 2018/19 taking its portfolio up to 191.
Peter Fankhauser, group chief executive at Thomas Cook, said: “The 11 new hotels we have announced today are testament to our commitment to invest in providing our customers with the best hotels to suit their preferences and pockets. We continue to open up new destinations for our customers as well as offer a range of hotels in popular areas that give us a resilient portfolio for Summer 18.
“By focusing on our customers, our own-brand hotels give us the opportunity to take even more control of the customer experience. Our own-brand properties can attract new customers to Thomas Cook as well as improve customer satisfaction.”
The operator recently introduced its latest own brand – Aldiana – which is subject to the completion of the acquisition of a 42% stake and eight of them will feature in its 191-strong own-brand hotel portfolio.
The 11 new hotels are planned as follows:
• Spain: SENTIDO Benalmadena – situated in Benalmadena with 140 modern spacious rooms.
• Spain: SENTIDO Ama Islantilla – 204 rooms, situated in Islantilla on Spain’s Costa de la Luz.
• Spain: SENTIDO Playanatural – 230 rooms, large swimming pool situated in El Rompido.
• Italy: SENTIDO Orosei – Italy’s second SENTIDO, situated in Sardinia. 120 rooms.
• Kos: Sunprime Pearl Beach – Modern and comfortable adult only hotel with 98 rooms.
• Cyprus: Sunprime Protaras – Situated in Protaras, eastern Cyprus. Adults only with 110 rooms.
• Gambia: Sunprime Tamala – Available winter season 2018/19, 120 rooms. Adult only.
• Crete: SunConnect Marina Beach – Beachfront property, 396 rooms
• Portugal: smartline Miramar – situated in Albuferia, 106 rooms.
• Crete: smartline Mama Lemon – situated in Cheronissos, Crete brand new modern hotel with 250 rooms.
• Greece: smartline Mediterranean – based on the Olympus Rivera only 68 rooms, all exclusive to Thomas Cook.
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.