Accommodation-only specialist Stuba has unveiled the 20 agents who have won hotel stays on behalf of health workers.
Stuba launched the ‘Real Superheroes’ competition in partnership with Travel Weekly in April, with agents encouraged to nominate frontline workers and explain why they should win a hotel stay up to the value of £300 in the UK or overseas.
Speaking at the launch, Stuba chief operating officer Matt Stuart said: “We know that not all superheroes wear capes, which is why we teamed up with Travel Weekly on this competition to allow agents to thank the frontline healthcare workers putting their lives on the line for the wider public.
“At Stuba, we want to offer our sincere gratitude to the real superheroes of our time and we hope all our winners enjoy their hotel stays.”
The winning agents, and the healthcare workers who will receive the hotel stays, are:
- Scott Hadden, Mark Bratt Travel – who nominated nurse Shilp Ladd
- Jason Bowman, Ace Travel Management – NHS worker Emily Henning
- Charlotte Brown, The Cruise Club Concierge – midwife Laura O’Sullivan
- Clare Collins-Doyle, Pro Travel Agent – paediatric nurse Nikki Goodrich
- Lisa Glennon, Keir Woodward Travel – matron Samantha Dawe
- Lauren Welton, Arena Travel – healthcare assistant Michaela Freeland
- Amelia Atkinson, Independent Travel Experts – senior staff nurse Luci Hargreaves
- Sarah Barnes, Moorelands Travel – nurse Jillian Dailly
- Emma Blount, Border Travel – prize draw winner from Clannalba autism residential care home
- Gary Jardine, Border Travel – critical care nurse Anne-Marie Cossar
- Sue Speirs, LAH Travel – doctor Ryan Shiels
- Isobel McCardie, Rock My World – Covid ward worker Alison Williams
- Shanice Craig, Cxloyalty – residential home manager Debra Miller
- Sally Knudsen, Travel Counsellors – hospice physiotherapist Sarah Seller
- Judith Ellis, Rosetta Travel – intensive care nurse Heather McNeill
- Emma Stubbs, Prestbury Travel – nurse Fay Dumbleton
- Namishka Doshi, B Away on Holiday – doctor Kevin Karia
- Peter Finlay, Horizon Direct – doctor Bob Campbell
- Wendy Matthews, Advance Travel Advisors – doctor Dennis Phang
- Geraldine Sproston, Hays Travel – theatre nurse Julie Reed
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.