Thomas Cook UK has announced a return to Tunisia from February next year.
The company said following a change in UK government advice and “reflecting the interest” it had had from customers, it would restart its flight and holiday programme from February 13 2018.
Holidays will go on sale on August 22.
Cook will sell holidays near to Hammamet, offering a choice of eight hotels.
UK travel companies withdrew from Tunisia in line with Foreign Office advice after the massacre of Tui holidaymakers from Britain on the beach in Sousse in June 2015.
But the Foreign Office changed its advice against travelling to most of Tunisia last month.
Cook took more than 200,000 UK holidaymakers to Tunisia in 2014 across the summer and winter seasons.
In a blog post, group head of customer welfare Carol MacKenzie said: “At the end of July this year, the UK government changed its advice for Tunisia meaning that British holidaymakers can now travel to the majority of the country.
“As a result, and reflecting the interest we’ve had from customers, we are restarting our flight and holiday programme from 13 February next year, which is on sale from 22 August.
“We’re starting in just a few resorts, mainly near to Hammamet, and only eight hotels, where we’re confident we can offer the high quality our customers expect. We benefit from having had a holiday programme and resort team in place for our German, Belgian and French customers, whose governments did not recommend against travel to Tunisia.”
She added: “Since it closed for British holidaymakers two years ago, we’ve had lots of customers asking us when Tunisia will be back on sale. Its soft, long beaches with year-round sun, historic ruins and enchanting desert villages make Tunisia a destination that attracts lots of loyal visitors.”
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.