Airlines are reported to preparing to re-launch flights to Sharm el-Sheikh almost a year after the bombing of a Russian Metrojet Airbus.
British Airways said that flights could start again at the end of October as the winter season begins.
Other airlines, including easyJet and Thomas Cook, could reintroduce flights around the same time, The Times reported.
UK airlines were banned from flying to the Egyptian resort following the bombing of the Russian aircraft on October 31 last year which killed 224 people.
They were barred from using the airport amid concerns over security and ground handling. A ban has been repeatedly updated in travel advice from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office which continues to recommend against all but essential travel to the Red Sea resort.
A report appeared in Egyptian media last week claiming that BA would be the first to reintroduce flights, starting on September 15. The airline denied the claims.
“We will not be operating any flights to or from the holiday resort up until at least October 27,” the airline said.
Thomas Cook confirmed that it was targeting a resumption of flights from November. EasyJet said that the flying ban would remain in place until October, subject to government advice.
Thomson and First Choice flights to Sharm el Sheikh remain cancelled for holidays booked up to September 28 while Monarch flights are grounded until October 30.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.