EasyJet has cancelled all but one of its routes to Sharm el-Sheikh for the summer.
The budget airline had already suspended flights on the route up until May 27, following government advice, but now due to “reduced demand” the suspension has caused, the airline has opted to cancel its flights from Manchester, Luton and Gatwick.
A twice weekly flight will continue to operate to Sharm from Stansted, as the airline said it still expected there to be some demand.
In a statement the airline said: “We have no confirmation from the UK government that we will be able to resume flights yet, but if we are these will be the only easyJet flights to Sharm el-Sheikh this summer. These flights are scheduled to operate from May 29.”
“Assuming the Government’s travel advice does change, we expect to resume services from Manchester, Luton and Gatwick from the beginning of the winter season in October 2016.
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.