Norwich airport was shut for four hours on Saturday night after a private jet reportedly carrying Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany left the runway.
The chartered Citation CJ2 came to a stop on the grass shortly after 6pm.
The aircraft, operated by Centreline Air Charter, had five people on board. No-one was injured in the incident.
The airport was closed immediately afterwards and remained shut to fixed wing traffic until the aircraft was removed, although it was open to helicopter traffic.
The airport reopened at 9.58pm, with one remaining flight cleared to take off, and opened as usual on Sunday.
Phil Brockwell, of Centreline Air, said the aircraft left the runway and got stuck in the mud.
He told the Eastern Daily Press: “It was at a fairly low speed of its departure, at which point it veered off the runway, for reasons for which we have some guesses.”
He said it was too early to say whether the plane had been damaged, but the crew were “fine”.
Norwich airport said: "The airport remained open to helicopter traffic. The Air Accident Investigation Branch has been informed, which is standard practice.”
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.