Thomas Cook has cancelled all bookings to Tunisia up until February next year.
The decision comes after the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) confirmed that the state of emergency in Tunisia had been extended by a further two months from July 31.
The FCO is advising against all but essential travel to the destination, following an attack on holidaymakers staying near Sousse in June. A total of 38 people were killed in the attack, including 30 Brits.
In a statement, Thomas Cook said: “In light of these developments, and given that we have no clear indication as to when the FCO travel advice may change, Thomas Cook can confirm that it has taken the decision to cancel all bookings to Tunisia up until 13 February 2016.”
Customers due to travel up to and including that day can cancel or amend their holiday free of charge.
Those who wish to amend to another winter sun destination, such as the Canary Islands or Turkey, will be provided with a £50 holiday voucher per adult to re-book their holiday.
Customers who wish to re-book for a Summer 15 or Summer 16 holiday instead will also be offered free amendments to an alternative Thomas Cook holiday of their choice, paying only if there is a difference in price.
The retailer said it plans to restart its flight and holiday programme to Tunisia from February 14, 2016, operating three flights a week departing on Sundays.
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.