Tourist killed in Red Sea shark attack

Tourist killed in Red Sea shark attack

A German tourist has been reportedly killed in a rare shark attack off a Red Sea resort in Egypt.

The attack took place on Sunday off the coastal city al-Qusair, the first such incident in five years, the BBC reported.

Local reports said the shark bit off the 52-year-old man's leg at the knee.

The area that saw Sunday's attack witnessed another in 2009 that killed a Frenchwoman.

A number of shark attacks in 2010 that also led to one death forced the closure of part of the resort of Sharm el-Sheikh for a week.

The German embassy in Cairo said it had been informed of the latest death but could not comment further.

Comments

This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.

More in News