Clia is looking to drive awareness of river cruise during its first dedicated consumer campaign for the sector.
The River Cruise Weekend initiative, which is running from March 26 to March 30, has been organised by the cruise association as a way of raising the profile of river holidays.
It follows on from the success of Cruise Week which was held at the end of September last year. During the weekend, customers booking river cruises will be able to take advantage of offers and agents will be able to win prizes and earn extra commission.
- Amadeus River Cruises is offering a complimentary upgrade on cabins on its 15-day Across Europe cruises booked between March 26 and 30.
- AmaWaterways is giving customers a free cheese hamper and a travel guide, while agents who secure bookings will go into a prize draw to win £100 in Love2shop vouchers.
- American Cruise Lines is offering $1,000 off per stateroom for bookings on its Maine Coast, New England Island and Mississippi cruises by April 30 for travel in July and August. Agents will also earn a bonus commission of $50 for 2015 bookings.
- APT has a 'companion flies free' offer on its 14-day Vietnam and Cambodia Highlights cruise if booked before March 31 and savings are also on offer on the operator's 8-day Grand Bordeaux River Cruise if booked before May 31.
- Agents can earn £25 Love2shop vouchers for every person booked on an Avalon Waterways cruise during River Cruise Weekend. The line also has savings of up to £1,345 on selected cruises in France.
- French line CroisiEurope has a 'companion pays half price' offer on its seven-day Seine cruise departing on May 1.
- Emerald Waterways has savings of up to £500 on all 2015 bookings and Shearings Holidays is offering 25% off on chartered cruises.
- Customers booking a sailing with The River Cruise Line will get a free excursions pack worth up to £277 on its 15-day Danube to the Black Sea itinerary.
- During the campaign weekend, Titan has savings of up to £1,850 and Uniworld is offering discounts of up to £2,000 on select sailings. The latter is also awarding agents with £25 Love2shop vouchers.
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.