During the busy month of August the 24/7 Holidayline will receive 100,000 calls and 87,000 text messages helping it to achieve the landmark.
Kathryn Ward, director of retail, financial services and contact centres for Thomson and First Choice said: “We are really excited about our 24/7 Holidayline taking its millionth call.
“It proves that this is an extremely valuable service to customers and it is just one of the many ways in which we are ensuring we provide the best possible service to our customers.
“With countries all over the world operating in different times zones, it’s important to have support for customers round the clock in a way which suits them, whether that’s email, text, phone or face to face.
“The team is always on hand to help. It doesn’t just stop at the Holidayline either, our social media team is now also 24/7 so customers can get hold of an advisor, regardless of the time of day, in the most suitable or convenient way for them. ”
In addition to helping with standard customer enquiries, the 24/7 Holidayline also provides a free translation service in partnership with Veritas with translators available in 157 languages.
The leading operator has identified the five most commonly asked questions on Holidayline:
- Holiday Extensions – the 24/7 Holidayline has received hundreds of calls with customers eager to add an extra week to their stay.
- Excursion Queries – the team is on hand to answer customers’ questions like what time they will be picked up for their trip to Pompeii, the kind of shoes required for the off-road jeep tour in the Cypriot mountains or what slides are recommend at Siam Park in Tenerife.
- Transfer Queries – a significant amount of calls and texts that the Holidayline team receive are from organised customers checking what time their transfer pick up is.
- Weather Reports – it’s extremely common for customers to plan their activities around the latest weather report.
- Local Resort Information – the 24/7 Holidayline team offers up to date information to ensure customers get the most out of their holiday.
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.