Brit tourist confirmed among dead in Phuket nightclub fire

Brit tourist confirmed among dead in Phuket nightclub fire

A British man has been confirmed among the four dead after a fire in a Phuket nightclub in Thailand.

The blaze at the weekend left Michael Pio Tzouvanni dead along with a French national and two Thai women, according to reports.

The fire broke out in the Tiger Disco in Patong in the early hours of last Friday, initial reports claiming it was started by a lightening strike.

Mr Tzouvanni, was a 24-years-old construction worker from Winchmore Hill in London and had been in Thailand for 10 days.

He had reportedly extended his stay for four days and had called friends back home in the UK at 4am on the evening of the fire to say he was not able to escape.

Mr Tzouvanni is said to have died from smoke inhalation. Another 11 people were injured in the fire.

Comments

This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.

More in News