Free medical insurance is being offered covering Covid-19 health-related symptoms as Iberostar Hotels & Resorts reopens properties in Portugal.
Two hotels are now available following the country being removed from the UK’s travel quarantine list.
The Iberostar Selection Lisboa and Iberostar Selection Lagos Algarve are both recognised by Turismo de Portugal as ‘Clean & Safe’ for meeting hygiene and cleaning requirements for the prevention and control of the Covid-19.
The hotel group has implemented more than 300 health and safety measures developed by an advisory board of medical experts.
These include limited occupancy of up to 70%, advanced booking for entertainment and family activities, greater distances between hammocks and furniture, and 24-hour e-concierge via an app for mobile devices.
The medical insurance takes effect from hotel check-in and covers:
- Medical and surgical assistance if required
- Extension of stay at the Iberostar hotel
- Medical transportation service for sick or injured individuals
- Emergency transportation to the hospital
- Unexpected health-related travels back home
- Medical dental costs
- Expenses incurred by the accompanying individual during the stay in the event of hospitalisation.
- Expenses incurred during the accompanying individual’s stay at the clinic
- Covid-19 health related symptoms and more.
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.