The shortlists have been unveiled for the product development, commitment to sustainability and press advertising categories in the Silver Travel Awards
The Breakthrough, Footprint and Paper Silver-i Awards for innovation will form part of Silver Travel Advisor’s third annual ceremony which this year is being held virtually on September 15.
Debbie Marshall, managing director, said: “The Silver-i Awards have attracted a record number of entries this year, with the three separate awards meaning that entrants could focus on specific initiatives and campaigns designed for the over-50s sector, a number of which demonstrate a really creative and proactive response to the challenges of Covid-19.
“This year had been unlike any other and it’s been inspiring to see how resourceful and imaginative so many travel companies have been in the face of such tough conditions, summoning their best ideas, putting them into immediate practice and getting measurable results.
“Whittling down the entries to the shortlists has been especially hard this year – there is so much energy, determination and fresh-thinking out there.”
The shortlist for the Silver-i Footprint Award for the Best Responsible or Sustainable Travel is:
- Intrepid Travel – for their ‘Comfort Travel’ give-back to local communities
- Hurtigruten – for their hybrid-powered expedition ships
- The APT Travel Group – for their OneTomorrow Charitable foundation
- Variety Cruises – for their beach clean-ups and sustainability focus
- Globus – for their Global Task Force bringing sustainability to the heart of the business
- Celebrity Cruises – for their Celebrity Flora ship and other developments
The shortlist for the Silver-i Product Breakthrough Award for Outstanding Product Development or Innovation is:
- Revitalise – for respite care for disabled people and their carers during Covid-19, supporting the NHS
- Viking – for their Viking.TV daily livestreams during lockdown
- Limitless Travel – for their ‘Limitless Love’ virtual experiences created for disabled people during lockdown
- Emerald Waterways – for their development of super-yacht Emerald Azzurra
- Balkan Holidays – for their Time of Your Life brand tailored to the over-50s, including solos
- Inghams – for re-positioning Lakes & Mountains to address over-50s interests
The shortlist for the Silver-i Paper Award for the year’s Best Travel Advertisement is:
- Cox & Kings
- Travel Editions
- Ramblers Walking Holidays
- Leger Holidays
- Titan Travel
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.