World Travel Market London is to go ahead as planned in November this year, organisers have confirmed.
The 2020 event, at the ExCel centre in London, will take place over the course of three days from November 2-4.
Organisers said they will be following the UK government’s public health guidelines in order to keep visitors safe.
The venue had been used as one of the UK’s Nightingale Hospitals to support medical efforts relating to Covid-19 but has since been stood down as the number of new confirmed cases falls.
WTM London’s senior exhibition director Simon Press confirmed the event, which attracted more than 30,000 visitors last year, will go ahead.
He said: “Exhibitions are a huge part of the global effort to drive business growth and economic recovery. As anyone who has ever attended WTM London knows, it’s a fun, lively, well-regarded and highly efficient event that brings everyone together – an opportunity for the world to meet, get inspired, do business and generate wealth.
“Now, more than ever before, WTM London will be so important to restarting the global travel and tourism industry, on which the livelihoods of so many people depend.
“It’s also essential to highlight that the safety and wellbeing of our guests remains our highest priority and we will continue to follow the advice of the UK Government and Public Health England.
“The Covid pandemic is evolving daily and future updates on the show will be shared with our exhibitors, partners and media”.
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.