Princess Cruises is asking travel agents to send in a short clip of them singing to be in the chance of winning The Voice of the Ocean taking place at the CLIA Conference 2019.
And this year the finalists will have the opportunity to perform at the O2 Guildhall Southampton – a stage which for nearly 50 years has hosted some of the biggest global talent from Adele to Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, David Bowie and Amy Winehouse to name a few!
Successful entries will get the opportunity to spend a day onboard Sapphire Princess on April 16, 2019 to audition in front of our coaches Tony Roberts, vice president, Princess Cruises UK & Europe , Lucy Huxley, editor-in-chief, Travel Weekly Group and Andy Harmer, SVP membership and director, UK and Ireland, CLIA – three of the toughest cruise industry vocalists there are! The contestants will further receive a dining experience onboard during the day and a £20 lifestyle voucher for reaching this far in the competition.
After the contestants have performed onboard, the coaches will choose one of the contestants for their team who will then sing in the LIVE final in the O2 Guildhall Southampton at the CLIA Conference on May 16, 2019 where a winner will be crowned by the LIVE audience.
The winner will receive an exclusive VIP trip onboard the inaugural preview sailing of Sky Princess, launching in October 2019! The winner will receive a balcony stateroom for two including flights and overseas transfers. Onboard you will have the opportunity to experience premium dining, our rejuvenating Lotus Spa, thrilling entertainment, beautiful pools and a full day to explore the stunning port of Kotor in Montenegro. You will finish your trip in Athens exploring the city before returning home.
The two runners up will receive a £150 Ticketmaster Gift Card which can be used on a show, concert or other event of their choosing.
How to enter
- Simply send in one verse and chorus of a song of your choice
- Remember, miming isn’t allowed!
- Fill out the form below, ensuring you upload your audition video file
Terms and conditions
- All entries must be sent by 31st March 2019 and 8 entries will be chosen by a panel consisting of recognised travel industry figures, which will be communicated by 3rd April 2019.
- All entries must be available to go onboard Sapphire Princess on Tuesday 16th April 2019 in Southampton from approximately 8:30am-4pm. Food costs will be covered. Transport is covered up to the value of £100pp. If successful applicants are unable to attend this date, they will unfortunately be unable to take part.
- All entries must be available Thursday 16th-Friday 17th May 2019 for the CLIA Conference 2019 from 12noon for sound check and set up. Transport, food and hotel expenses will be covered from Thursday 16th May 2019- Friday 19th May 2019.
- All winning prizes are non-refundable, non-exchangeable and winners must be available for the dates selected. No alternative dates will be offered.
- Ticketmaster Voucher – £150 per voucher – please visit ticketmaster.co.uk for full terms & conditions of use
- Sky Princess Sailing – based on two sharing a balcony stateroom from 16-20th October 2019. The prize covers, the cost of the stateroom, taxes fees and port expenses, gratuities, a complimentary Wi-Fi voucher, $50 per guest onboard spending money, flights and overseas transfers. All other expenditure will be at the winners own expense. We require confirmed names of those going on the cruise by 30th June 2019.
- If you are successful, you will be representing Princess Cruises, not only at the CLIA Conference from 15-17th May 2019 but you may also be asked to represent our brand in any future trade press publications or online titles deemed suitable.
- Recording is strictly prohibited due to licensing laws other than that is pre-approved by Princess Cruises’ sales team themselves. Use of The Voice of the Ocean, logo, image and name must comply with the licensing policy. For further details on licensing policy and social media policy please contact our Princess UK press office: email@example.com
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.