Inquests are due to open on Tuesday into the deaths of a British couple who were on a Thomas Cook holiday in Egypt.
John and Susan Cooper, from Burnley, died on August 21 at the Steigenberger Aqua Magic Hotel in the Red Sea resort of Hurghada.
Their daughter Kelly Ormerod has said that she has no faith in the Egyptian authorities, who reported that E. coli bacteria killed her parents.
The inquests will open at Preston coroner’s court on Tuesday, a spokesman for the court told The Times.
James Adeley, the senior coroner for Lancashire, has said that it may take several months to analyse the findings.
He added that the results would be compared with those obtained by the Egyptian authorities.
Nabil Sadek, Egypt’s chief prosecutor, last week said that tests showed Mr Cooper, 69, suffered intestinal dysentery caused by E. coli.
Mrs Cooper, 63, a Thomas Cook travel agent, suffered a complication linked to infection, likely to have been caused by the bacterium.
Thomas Cook said the previous week that it had found a high level of the bug at the hotel, which would “explain the raised level of illness reported among guests”.
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.