Global response to Miles Morgan's Titanic anniversary cruise

Global response to Miles Morgan's Titanic anniversary cruise

Travel agency boss Miles Morgan has had enquiries from nearly 50 countries since his cruise marking the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic went on sale last week.

Morgan is to charter Fred Olsen Cruise Lines ship Balmoral for the 12 night trip, which will take the same route as the Titanic from Southampton to New York.

Morgan, who runs eight travel agencies, said he could not believe the response. He has spoken to journalists from as far afield as Australia, US and Brazil and enjoyed widespread media coverage.

"I knew there would be a level of interest but I'm amazed by the diversity of countries that have been in touch," he said. "On one day, our largest number of hits came from Brazil. It has spread like a ripple in a pond."

The former Thomson sales and marketing director said the publicity was likely to have positive impact on his business. "Any publicity is good publicity. For a regional chain it can only be a good thing in terms of getting people talking about us."

Morgan is also trying to get in touch with the last remaining living survivor of the Titanic. Millvina Dean, 97, from Hampshire, was just ten weeks old when she boarded the ship in April 1912 with her parents and older brother to seek a new life in America.

By the morning of its first day on sale, 100 cabins had been sold on the trip, which leaves Southampton on April 8 2012. Prices range from £1,999 to £7.997.



This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.

More in News