A new award for innovation will be handed out at the GTMC annual overseas conference in Ireland next week.
The Entrepreneurs In Business Travel Awards aim to reward talent in the business travel industry
Five innovative start-ups will battle it out on stage at the conference in Wicklow on June 10-12.
The winning start-up targeting the TMC audience will benefit from access to the GTMC Partnership programme for 12 months.
The five shortlisted start-ups are:
• TapTrip – a flight-booking app that uses phone calendars to compare flight times that fit into business traveller schedules and allows simple booking, with just one tap.
• CultureMee – providing practical cultural and travel advice, the app aims to connect travellers with the destination they are visiting.
• Asemblr – easing the planning of meetings and events, offering inspiration, advice and contacts in one online space.
• 15th Degree – formulated with advice from world class nutritionists and aviation experts, supplements to take pre, during and post travel, to experience no unnecessary fatigue.
• Railguard – a new app to automatically calculate and recoup any compensation owed due to delayed, cancelled or over crowded trains.
GTMC chief executive Adrian Parkes said: “There is an incredible level of innovation within the sector and we have developed the awards to recognise this talent.
“It’s important to the business travel industry that we nurture this talent which enables us to broaden the level of expertise and useful tools available to TMCs and expand on the opportunities for business travellers.”
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.