A family are reportedly planning to take legal action against specialist operator Skiworld after being poisoned by carbon monoxide during a new year trip.
Three generations of the Elliott family were staying in the Chalet Hellebore in the French resort of La Plagne Soleil when they fell ill.
The Times reports that the party of nine were only saved after the grandson starting vomiting and medical assistance was called.
According to the newspaper the problem was blamed on too much snow which had blocked a flue and caused the lethal gas to circulate inside the property.
The family said they had been suffering from lethargy and headaches throughout the holiday but it down to the altitude.
They claim they are lucky to have survived and say that have not received an apology from Skiworld.
Skiworld told The Times: “We put the health and safety of our guests at the very centre of our operations.
“Our thoughts are naturally with the Elliott family for the distress and upset experienced, and we are very sorry that they have suffered.
“Our staff were immediately on site and did all they could to assist. As this case is subject to legal action we are not in a position to comment further.”
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.