Ryanair hails progress on alternative flight routings and refunds

Ryanair hails progress on alternative flight routings and refunds

Ryanair claims to have processed 305,000 alternative routings or refunds for more than 97% passengers affected by cancellations due to its pilots holiday rota “mess up”.

The low-cost carrier says remaining 3% of customers – less than 10,000 – have yet to make contact despite emails being sent out a week ago to 315,000 people whose flights are being cancelled.

The airline is cancelling 2,100 of its 130,000 flights in September and October.

However, only three out of 16,000 flights operated were cancelled over the last seven days; one due to a runway closure and two as a result of unsafe weather, according to the airline.

Chief marketing officer Kenny Jacobs said: “We again apologise sincerely to each of the 315,000 customers whose original flights were cancelled over a 6 week period in September and October.

“More than 97% of affected customers have now been re-accommodated, and the remaining 3% are urged to get in contact regarding their rebooking or refunding options.

“No further flights have been cancelled for rostering reasons and our first wave punctuality has increased to 96%, while we continue to work hard to resolve this short term rostering failure.

“We have expanded our customer service team, who are assisting all affected customers with their requests, as we try to resolve any problems we have created for them, for which we again sincerely apologise.”

More:

Travel insurance policies refuse to pay out for Ryanair cancellation claims

Comment: Ryanair – what a cockpit

Ryanair halts talks with ‘not long for this world’ Norwegian

Comments

This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.

More in air